Friday, May 26, 2006

A Milestone

OK, I feel old.

My baby graduated from elementary school today. Yes, I know he is 11 years old, but even when he is a gray-haired grown man he will still be my baby.

This has been another full week. Daniel's awards program was Wednesday, with him receiving a reading trophy, a citizenship award, an honor roll certificate, and the National Physical Fitness award. The 5th graders had a picnic on Thursday afternoon, and then the graduation and awards program today.

Aaron looked so handsome in his black suit. He had a small singing solo, which thrilled all of the family in attendance! He received awards for the county honor chorus, reading trophy, reading medal, Accellerated Reader medal, National Physical Fitness award, and a stack of others.

I also got to see several of our scouts graduate, as well as one of my kids I see for therapy. This beautiful young lady with cerebral palsy walked across the stage as tall as her classmates with the aid of two leg braces. I found her afterward, gave her a big hug, and told her how proud I was of her.

What a blessing to share in such a milestone in not only the lives of my sons, but of these other children I care about so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home