Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring Break

I love springtime! The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and the vehicles are all yellow! Pollen is EVERYWHERE, but you must have pollen to have plants and flowers!

Another good occurrence is that Spring Break is finally here!!! No, we aren't headed to the beach or the mountains, but we are home enjoying being a family! I have located the stove and remembered how to use it, the kids have rediscovered the yard, and Barry has returned to work (though not quite up to full speed yet). Our new neighbors have returned from New York and are truly a delightful couple. He found me weeding my roses and we got into a good conversation about gardening. He said, in his beautiful Jamaican/English accent, that he loves to grow "toe-MAH-tehs" which translates to "maters" in Georgia! I'm looking forward to getting to know Hedley and Yvonne. It is wonderful to live in a place with good people around you!

I have written before about how people are blessings and how God blesses us with the beauty of His creation. I have seen this over the past week. My little deafblind angel won first place on Friday in the Special Olympics tennis ball throw. Another therapist took the cutest photo of the two of us that day with her standing in my arms and smiling. I saw a whole field full of these remarkable children and young people running and jumping and being stars for the day. I saw one little child resting on his belly in the cool, green grass. He traced each blade of grass with his fingers and had such a look of wonder and enjoyment on his sweet face. Whether or not he consciously knows Jesus, Jesus knows him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home