Friday, May 19, 2006

End Of My Teaching Stint

I have been very fortunate to have spent the past eight weeks as a clinical instructor for a physical therapist assistant student from Gwinnett Tech. Though I have been a therapist for 13 1/2 years, this was the first time I have taught on this scale, especially in the pediatric arena. Jessie, however, was an absolute delight. I was impressed with her knowledge and demeanor. She is a very caring individual with a high degree of professionalism. The kids warmed up to her immediately, and she fell in love with them all.

Jessie told me that her program relied heavily on the clinical instructors to teach areas not covered in depth in class. I was able to share general tips and pointers of practice, as well as geriatrics and wound/burn care, and from our discussions and observing her with the kids I feel she will be an excellent therapist.

She and I also explored the culinary delights Conyers has to offer. By 10:30 each morning we were already thinking about lunch! I don't think we gained any weight, but we certainly didn't lose any either.

I sure hope our paths cross again someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home