Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Son, The Chemist

Once again, we've had another full weekend. Aaron attended a class at the Home Depot Merit Badge College at Roswell High School. There were about a zillion Boy Scouts there taking merit badge classes on a full range of subjects. Aaron chose Chemistry, and I am happy to report that all of the scouts have the same number of eyes and arms and legs as they did when they arrived! They seemed to have had a wonderful time, and he couldn't wait to share all the neat-o stuff he learned with me and Daniel. As for what we did while he was playing Mad Scientist...Daniel and I wandered through the shops near the high school. We looked at pets and toys and plants, and had a great time. One thing I noticed about him is that he has a wonderful sense of direction to be so young. After picking Aaron back up, both boys informed me that they were close to starvation. I could remember passing a certain restaurant earlier in our travels, but couldn't remember if it was east or west of the school. Daniel took us directly to it, turn by turn.

Aaron's troop was having their first camping trip that night, but by the time we got back home we had done all we cared to do for one day. Aaron said he was just too tired to go. I think he was a little apprehensive about being with the older scouts. I know they mean well, but they come across as a bit pushy at times. One of our smaller guys confessed that he felt bullied by some of them. Aaron just smiles and gets right in the thick of things. The older guys are so used to being together that they don't always seem to know how to deal with the younger ones. I'm sure time will bring the two bunches togther. In the meantime we'll just keep on trying to do our best and fit in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home