Friday, January 20, 2006

Gotta brag!

Don't you hate to run into someone who brags incessantly about their children? Well, sorry about that, but I am one of them! After lunch yesterday I went to the elementary school for the spelling bee. My older son was the winner for his classroom and was going to compete with the other winners for the schoolwide title. This being the same boy who adds extra letters into things when he is doing his homework, I really figured I would not be there very long. Before I knew it, my baby was the only one standing there!!! I don't know who had the bigger grin - him getting awarded a beautiful pin or me watching! I must also say that the other kids he competed with were very sweet and gracious. They all congratulated him and were very friendly to me. As I waited in the school lobby for dismissal, many teachers and kids came by to inform me of his victory on their way to their busses. It is nice to be the mother of a celebrity!

Of course we had to call the family and spread the good news. My husband was understandably thrilled about our big guy. Mama was excitedly telling her whole office about our champ. Granny (Mama's mama) had to be the cutest one of all. Everything I told her over the phone, she relayed to Papa about a second later. She was almost as quick as the translators at the U.N. In typical grandmother fashion, I heard her say as she hung up the phone, "Well, bless his precious little heart!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home