Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Don't Get Me Started

As happens every now and then, somebody made me mad this evening. I can, and do, overlook a lot of idiocy, but not when you mess with my babies.

We went to Aaron's Boy Scout meeting this evening. They were discussing and making plans for their hike and overnighter this weekend. Aaron wasn't sure if he was going, or if we had some of the equipment they talked about, so he occasionally turned around and asked me. One of the older snots - er, scouts - chimed in and told Aaron, "Your mom's not always going to be around so you might want to do things yourself." You could see Aaron sink down in his chair. OHHHH that made me steam! How dare he think he is in a position to pass judgement on my son! I'm sure that he knows everything at 15 or 16, but he didn't always. Maybe he just doesn't respect his mother as much as my 12 year old does. I thought about it until the meeting ended, and then decided to follow him out in the parking lot. I told him in a nicer manner than I should have that I didn't appreciate what he had said. He had a "deer in the headlights" look when I approached him like he thought I was going to kick his behind - which is what I really would have liked to do! But I remembered that I'm a lady and a Christian.

I'll just bring Barry next week to glare at him and make him squirm!!!! HEE HEE HEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home