Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Change of Places

Last night we attended the Dining Out for the 1st Brigade of the Georgia State Defense Force. It felt a little odd to be the soldier instead of the guest! Barry wore his class A's and I wore a black velvet dress. We really had a nice time. I saw a lot of people from IET and got to introduce Barry to them. He had more medals than just about everyone in the room! That's my guy! Our brigade commander, COL Hightower, pulled me aside and told everyone around him about meeting Papa at my graduation. He spoke at length about what an honor it was to get to talk to Papa that day. This man served in Vietnam and has seen more than I ever want to see, but he was impressed with a quiet PFC who did his best to save lives on a French beach 60 years ago. I am really glad I chose to wear the uniform in the shadow of folks like that. What a nice evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home