Friday, April 27, 2007

A Day In The Sun

Oh how I enjoyed today! Five bus loads of special needs children from our school system enjoyed an outing to Stone Mountain Park. In the shade of the pine trees the kids and staff played and laughed in the great outdoors. I watched as four kids in motorized chairs bumped a big ball between them on the ground. There were children on blankets on the ground, and sitting at tables and in wheelchairs, and even two dancing on a table until their teacher saw them! The teachers were grilling and setting out picnics. Everyone was just relaxed and having a good time. One of my favorites was sitting in her chair and smiling a huge smile as she watched everyone playing. Next to her was my deaf-blind girl, who leaned her head back in the sun and smiled as the breeze blew in her face. Everyone enjoyed the meal. We tried to fill up two of our "bottomless pits" as one kept telling me how much he liked the stuff on my plate! They were so precious and it was such a nice day.

And I get paid for this!!! What a job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home