Monday, March 02, 2009

Growing Up Is No Fun - For Parents

I simply stared at the reflection in the mirror, not knowing whether to cry or smile. Side by side they stood, father and son. One was a pro, having performed this same routine for years. One followed dad's every move.

You just wouldn't think that shaving for the first time would be such a big deal. I thought that once the little mustache was removed, my baby would look younger. Instead, the handsome face that looked back at me looked so much more mature than his 14 years.

Yesterday my little boys danced around excitedly watching big fluffy snowflakes coating the ground. I made sure they had warm gloves on, and brought them in to get warm periodically. I watched as they pelted each other with snowballs, and as my little one flopped down in the snow to make a snow angel. I celebrated with them as the call came in that school was cancelled for a snow day! Today they played out in the bright sunshine and marvelled at the icy landscape around our home.

What a difference a day makes. The snow is melting and one of my "babies" has a freshly-shaven face. He is so handsome, even if he is mine!!! Granny had a fit! I thought she was going to hug him to death! He asked if I was going to embarrass him every time someone new saw that he had shaved, and I said, "YES!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home